Attention, those of you who own SunEdison, Inc. (SUNE): SUNE has entered bankruptcy. It has changed its ticker symbol to SUNEQ. This will likely leave the stock price with little or no value in the future. At this time we recommend selling the shares on next Trade Day and recognizing the loss in the Snider Investment Method®.
We recommend these steps to close the SUNEQ position:
• Sell all your SUNEQ shares.
• Record the information about the sale on your Individual Stock Purchase Record.
• Complete the “Profit from Closed Position” portion of the Individual Stock Purchase Record. In this case ‘Profit’ will be negative.
• Record the loss on the Monthly Stake Worksheet.
• Remove SUNEQ from your Allocated Cash Worksheet.
Lattco PRO clients: The calculations and adjustments will automatically be done the moment you sell your shares of SUNEQ and update activity.
AutoPilot clients: The calculations and adjustments will automatically be done the moment you sell your shares of SUNEQ and update activity. At this time, the sell trade ticket is not built into AutoPilot. You will need to login to TradeKing in order to sell your remaining shares.
Bankruptcy is a risk of the Snider Method. Although, we attempt to avoid financially unstable companies through our screening process, the screens are not foolproof. We understand your concern and frustration about this situation.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com or 1-888-6-SNIDER. We’ll be happy to walk you through the process.