by Shelley Seagler
Are you interested in the Snider Investment Method but not sure how to get started? Here are 8 straightforward steps to get you on the right track.
Step 1 – Give us a call. We love talking to people just like you! We’re happy to answer your questions, provide more information, and guide you in the right direction. Our toll-free number is 888-6SNIDER (888-676-4337). You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 2 – Attend one of our free information sessions. Our FREE information sessions are no pressure and highly informative. You’ll have the opportunity to see who we are, what we do, and what our unique perspective on personal finance and investing is. We’ll also have the chance to get to know you and answer any questions you may have about what it’s like to be one of our clients.
The number one reason people attend our information sessions is to learn about the Snider Method. So we spend the majority of our time together discussing the objectives, benefits, risks, and performance history of the Snider Method.
Step 3 – Attend one of our free Snider Method Introductory courses. In our free Snider Investment Method introductory course, you’ll get an extensive look at what we teach in our Snider Method workshops. We’ll show you what we do, as well as explain why we do it. You’ll see how the pieces of the Snider Method fit together and how it works in the bigger context of the stock market. In addition to a brief overview of the history and fundamental concepts of Snider Method, our discussion will include:
• The specific trading techniques (including option strategies) we use to generate a monthly portfolio paycheck
• Our proprietary stock selection criteria
• The cash management approach we use to manage risk and maximize profits
• Month-to-month examples of how you use the Snider Method in your own portfolio
Step 4 – Sign-up to Learn the Snider Investment Method There are two ways to learn the Snider Investment Method:
1. Take our live workshop. This class is held in the Dallas/Ft. Worth Metroplex. This course is taught by Shelley Seagler, our Manager of Training. You’ll learn all of the ins-and-outs of the Snider Method, have the opportunity to interact with other investors, and get all of your questions answered by a Snider Method expert. To check upcoming dates for live classes, visit the Event Calendar.
2. Take our self-paced, online course. The Snider Investment Method Online Course is a self-paced course consisting of ten modules that will teach you the Snider Method step-by-step. From a sheer learning perspective, our online course is pretty powerful. There’s no pressure to “get it” on someone else’s schedule or keep up with the rest of the class. You’ll actually have to participate in examples and take quizzes in each segment. This hands-on learning process requires you to really think through all of the data.
Step 5 – Set up and Fund an Online Brokerage Account. You don’t have to complete this step before you take the Snider Method course, but you must open and fund an online brokerage account before you can actually use the Snider Method. You can use any online broker, but the brokers we recommend are TradeKing* and optionsXpress. You can learn more here.
Step 6– Sign-up for Consulting Services. We don’t just teach you the Snider Method and then leave you on your own; we offer our awe-inspiring support to our clients. You’re not obligated to sign up for consulting services, but most of our clients find significant value in being able to count on our advice, tools, and resources. Plus, you can get all of our expertise for as low as $10 a month.
Lattco is Snider Advisors’ proprietary screening tool and is used to select stocks for your Snider Method portfolio. Although you could use other tools, Lattco automatically applies the rules and criteria used by the Snider Method, which makes the process quick and easy.
LattcoPRO takes Lattco one step further. In addition to identifying stocks for you, it links directly to your TradeKing or optionsXpress’ brokerage account to create and update all of the recordkeeping included in the Snider Method.
Step 8 – Start Using the Snider Method After you complete Steps 1-7, you’ll be ready to get started using the Snider Method. You’ll need to have internet access during market hours so you can use Lattco and place your trades at your online broker. You will only trade one day a month and most of our clients can finish their trades within a few hours.